Sunday, November 4, 2012

SOUTH AFRICAN TESTIMONIALS


POPS MOHAMED

" I enjoyed working with Desert Rose and their ability to combine classical orchestration with indigenous music is truly a gift to the South African music world. I hope this music will serve as an inspiration to not only the South African music enthusiast, but to the rest of the indigenous musicians all over the world. Desert Rose and myself are dedicated to the protection and preservation of indigenous African instruments in both ancient and modern context's. Welcome to the Future!!", says Pops Mohamed, world renowned South African indigenous musical icon.....November 2007




DR SADIYYA SHAIKH

"I want to congratulate you on your performance and amazing music. The ways in which Desert Rose brings together traditional Qawali music based in the South African Indian spiritual heritage and the Malay style of musical recitation is quite unique. Your extraordinary synergy of musical styles, languages and inclusion of other religious forms of music as well, makes a rich contribution to the musical and aesthetic mosaic of South Africa. The pluralistic elements of your work which combines and incorporates religious music and prayer from various religious traditions is potent and powerful - it conveys a strong message of unity and beauty shared by all human beings across traditional religious boundaries. I have no doubt that your music has appeal to all South Africans and adds much value to universal concepts of human spirituality", says Dr. Sa'diyya Shaikh, Senior Lecturer, Department of Religious Studies, University of Cape Town....April 2009



"I was introduced to your music through my yoga classes and never before has music \"spoken\" to me the way your does. It's so beautiful & for some reason I particularly feel connected to Remembrance. The first time I heard Remembrance during relaxation in one of my yoga classes a few months ago, Yusuf’s voice sent “chills” running right through me, rising & falling in waves throughout the song. Even though I had no idea of the meaning of the words being sung/chanted, I felt a surreal connection to what I was hearing, and an “I’m so happy I want to cry” feeling arose within me that I couldn't quite put my finger on but somehow I knew it stemmed from reverence for our Creator, and a tear drop just rolled from each corner of my eyes - within those two tears lay sadness, happiness, love, joy, peace, gratitude, devotion, awe & wonder and so much more. At some level I "knew" I was worshipping God in that moment yet I didn't quite know how I knew - hard to explain, as is the nature, I have found, of most spiritual experiences...........from what you mentioned, it was obviously my heart centre opening. What a beautiful feeling/experience." Delia Styles, Cape Town, South Africa

“We can only strive to serve and The Desert Rose Concert has emphatically endorsed the conditions of "God Consciousness". This message was very evident throughout the performance, and transcended all religious barriers. I am lost for words to describe my feelings and emotions during the performance, only to say that I wish everyone in the audience shared this amazing experience”, commented a spiritually uplifted Mr Khalil Amod of Kampress, Lansdowne, Cape Town....20 Feb 2009.


"I loved your show today! Bought the CD. Have booked to see it again on the 30th. Beautiful, inspiring message, and oh that music!", Monica Cromhout, SA’s leading Astrologer

 The show transcends the visual into the realm of aural bliss. And as it celebrates difference and invokes glorious mutation it reminds us of the opulence of our cultural wealth…. review by Dex Goodman of WhatsonSA, 15 April 2011

Die musiek verdien vyf sterre. Die idea ook. In die rolverdeling is daar ook ten minste 5 skitterende sterre. Om a groep op die verhoog te kry wat die meeste van die gelowe in Kaapstad verteenwoordig en te hoor hoe die musiek van een groep naatloos by die ander aansluit, is werklik spesiaal.” Mariana Malan, Die Burger, 26 Sep 2010.
 
“The music is the big draw card here. It is epic, diverse and impressive.” Zane Henry, The Argus, 28 Sep 2010.

“It has a vibe that can only be described as euphorically multicultural; quite unlike anything I have experienced in a show in quite some time.”, Peter Tromp. Review in Next 48 Hours, 7 Oct 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment