Sunday, November 4, 2012

UK TESTIMONIALS




JON BOYS, LETCHWORTH, UNITED KINGDOM

"I have been a musician and composer of my own songs for over 40 years and have attended thousands of live performances of every genre of music available to my ears. The music of Desert Rose is something of a new league to me. It reaches the innermost depths of your soul and you feel the raw emotion of what is going on in the music. I will only be happy when I have heard them perform in world class venues to massive crowds. The work they are doing to bring the world’s eclectic mix of people together through music is truly wonderful. I plan to do everything I can to ensure that next time they tour the UK they have a professional agent who paves the way for them to be a global phenomena. I would highly recommend anyone goes and hears their beautiful sounds. Love and light"....says Jon Boys, Director, Inner Peace Centre For Conscious Living, Letchworth, UK.......30 June 2012

It would not be an exaggeration to say that I was transfixed by the sounds and rhythms of the music. I found it quite magical the way the sounds of Islam merged with the sounds of Africa and Muslim and Jewish lyrics were woven together in at least one of the songs.

The evening gave me a new insight into the meaning of diversity and it was a truly spiritual experience. I felt a rare and inexplicable calm by the end of the evening and it came on slowly and lingered. I lived in the Middle East for several years and am familiar with the sounds of the muezzin. Listening to Islamic chanting is not what I grew up with but I think it was the compositions and the context of the music that made it such an enduring and moving encounter.


John Battersby, UK Country Manager, Brand South Africa......30 June 2012





Wallee McDonnell, Events Manager,

"I was taken by surprise with the immense talent on show and how cleverly the group wove Sufi traditional songs with African rhythms and visa versa. All music arrangements and most of the compositions are credited to Lynne Holmes who played the keyboard but the outstanding singing from Yusuf Ganief and Nceba Gongxeka was something special. Complimenting this were Sisonke Godlo on African percussion, Farah Jawitz on Clarinet and Lynne Holmes’ daughter, Michaela on vocals, who is a talented singer in her own right with an interesting future ahead of her. Nceba Gongxeka also played a number of instruments some of which I’d not seen before, e.g. Mbira, African Mouth Bow, African Harp and Shakers. He also showed off some great dancing moves when he stepped off the stage and went into a short set of well known South African songs.  Desert Rose carries a wonderful spirit with them from their Sufi teachings and possess a sound that is indeed unique, exciting and definitely uplifting. The combination of the five musicians presented  a marvellous show and  feedback from those attending has been nothing but complementary. Hopefully they will swing by London again on another occasion and when they do, we’ll be happy to host them again." said  Wallee Mc Donnell, Music Events Co-ordinator, St Ethelburgas Centre for Recociliation and Peace.....30 June 2012



Thank you so much for Saturday’s concert in London it was a profound & beautiful experience & am so soo happy to finally meet all of you!! after all this years of listening to your wonderful music !!
hope to see you again soon in London !!
love & best of grace to all :-*:-*

From Livia Maritzia, London


Desert Rose are certainly a group of talented individuals, but what sets them apart is the fusion they bring across colours, cultures and religions. The fusion is brought together in style, grace and harmony to provide uplifting entertainment.

Haider Naqvi, Luton, UK

"Desert Rose’s music and singing never fails to open my heart every time I hear it - and resonates in my whole being. I never tire of playing it.
What a fabulous combination of performers - African singing, dance and drumming that is deeply moving - and a true representation and message of hope from a true Rainbow Nation -"

Sue Lake and Bilal, Clophill, UK





No comments:

Post a Comment